Friday 13 July 2012

Good Intentions - Oooh Cake!

I was all motivated after yesterday to have another good lunch day. Yesterday was ‘buy your lunch day’ which I have every fortnight on payday. Instead of yummy greasy food, I went to the health food store and bought a chicken and soy mayonnaise gluten free wrap. Normally I get a ‘full’ one which is two huge wraps but yesterday, I bought a half. Man, I was so pleased with myself until I ate it.

At 3pm that day I was starving! Like, almost fainting from malnutrition fainting. That half a wrap was not enough! Geez, what was I thinking? My body had almost gone into shock.

So anyway, last night I had a little dinner to prepare my body for a small lunch again today. I went to the shop again and bought another chicken wrap but this time I thought I would prepare my body for that shock. So I bought a lovely, syrupy, lemon polenta cake.

Now think about it. Polenta sounds pretty healthy to me. There weren’t many gluten free cakes and muffins left which means the polenta was the last choice for a treat. I also figured it had to be better than chocolate right? So I bought that too.

After my wrap, I think I might have been satisfied but I forgot to wait and see if I was before digging into that polenta cake. And let me tell you, it was incredible. Not only was it so very delish, it had a layer of lemon icing on the bottom of the cake that I had not been aware of. Oh the tang! Divine I tell you!

So I finished off the polenta cake but you know what I did? I held it like an apple while I ate it so anyone looking at me would automatically think I was being so healthy. Yep, I am pretty clever like that.

So now that I have filled my stomach unintentually, I will have to train it again next week to prepare for smaller meals. Best I have that block of haighs rocky road before Monday hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment