Friday 11 January 2013

Me V's the S.I.L (Sister In Law)


I bet you have all been thinking I had joined the biggest loser or something because I have been oh so quiet for so long… nope, still fat and still here J

So, I have had a reality check recently. Do you recon it was the Christmas and New Year stuff your face time? Nope. What about the Christmas and New Year drink up till you pass out? Nope, not that either… let me tell you what slapped me in the face (not really but one of those pretend ones)

It was me

S.I.L.

What is a S.I.L I hear you ask? It is a sister in law. No no I am not married to boyfriend but it is just easier to  call her that, anyhoo… saw her over Christmas which was great but let me tell you about her from my eyeball point of view…

Here is a young woman who recently celebrated her 10  year wedding anniversary with her husband (who else would she have celebrated this with) by jumping out of a airplane in her wedding dress. I loved this! What a great way to celebrate… not for me because I hate airplanes and have never worn a wedding dress but anyhoo…

So, back to my point here… saw her Christmas day and O.M G. she gives me the shits. She is enough years younger than me that doesn’t need to be discussed but she is still of a decent age. She is married and has three gorgeous kids and last year had a household of four kids. She has a husband who works pretty hard and not only that, travels the world with his work. She studies and works.

Doesn’t this family sound just gorgeous? So the kids… two teenagers and a little one (5 year old) and she is AMAZING.

No, this is not a kiss tight little athletic and toned bum of SIL, this is a reality check for me. Kids? I have one gorgeous daughter who is self reliant as is over 19 and lives independently. I have a boyfriend who loves me and cooks my dinner every night. I have two fur kids who look at me lovingly until I feed then and then my job with them is done.

S.I.L.? Well, not only does she have all those kids and work and study and what not but also, does these things called marathons with swimming and running and something about riding a bike. WTF? Why is she not passed out on the sofa at 6pm with a sink full of dishes and kids running around with no undies on and the TV blaring with the latest Simpsons playing?

Unfortunately I do not have the answer to this because as she was telling me how she doesn’t really drink but had a night out with friends recently that left her almost comatose for a day or two, I was happily sipping (glugging) on a cider or five and looking for something to eat.

This year I am making a few changes in respect of my S.I.L.

I have been thinking about going for a walk in the evenings. Ok, you know that thinking about it is the first step right? I am sure my SIL thought about things before she did them.

My lovely cousin bought me the Michelle Bridges (Australian Biggest Loser) book for me a couple of years ago and it was in the very last box I unpacked when I moved in with boyfriend nine months ago. I unpacked it last night, that has to be a sign hey?

In honour of my boss…. I now say, Watch this Space because I am following in SIL’s steps and all I can say to her is … S.I.L…. you are not going to recognise me next Christmas J


No comments:

Post a Comment