Wednesday 14 September 2011

I am just like Forrest Gump (sort of)


Yes yes I am still fat but I haven’t disappeared so fear not.

Unfortunately I don’t have much to report but I will keep you up to date with my current goings on.

Today is Wednesday at night time so that means I have been walking for three days. On Monday I had to attend a course that wasn’t far from home and instead of dolling myself up in my motorbike gear, I decided to walk. OK, so it wasn’t my whole idea to walk but that of my boyfriend who seemed a little surprised I would even consider transport when I really wasn’t very far from the building. It is obvious he has completely forgotten that I had a serious knee injury not that long ago. Ok, might have been a month or so ago… ok, longer than that but that’s not the point. I did hurt my knee a while back.

So anyway, I couldn’t decide on Monday morning if I should ride the simple and easy scooter or be super cool to all my new class mates with my motorbike or to suck it up and walk. I decided to walk and OMG, so totally a Forrest Gump moment because I also walked home after the course! Yep, that was all my decision. I could have caught a taxi, called a friend or rung mum and told her the old knee was playing up but I didn’t. I walked! About seven minutes into my 15 minute walk home I did start to wonder if I had indeed made the wisest decision but there was no turning back, people were looking (they were around and probably not looking at me but they were looking at something ok?) so I put one foot in front of the other and made it home! As you can imagine, not a lot gone done on Monday night due to the intensity of the work out on my body.

Tuesday came and I must have been in some sort of delirium because I walked again! (told you it was a Forrest Gump moment but it was in slow motion because I wasn’t running). I walked the 15 minutes to the course and you guessed it, walked home too! I went out for dinner that night and ate everything in site due to my new found metabolism. I thought I had had that removed around the same time as my wisdom teeth.

Like I said earlier, it is now Wednesday night and OUCH! I think I have broken a thing or two. I assumed I was some kind of super athlete this morning because you guessed it, walked again but this time it was a true marathon. I walked to work! Yep, I did. Can’t prove it so you’ll just have to take my word for it but I did it. Work is exactly 30 minutes brisk walk. (be advised that your brisk and my brisk could differ somewhat).  I left home at 7am to ensure there would be as few people as possible at work when I arrived in case of any fainting or vomiting occurred but I made it!

Thankfully I got to rest for 8 hours before having to walk home but walk home I did. My BF is lucky she was interstate on business today because there is a good chance she would have gotten a phone call to pick me up but it was not to be. Again, one foot in front of the other I went to get home. I was on the last stretch, could almost smell my dogs poop in the back garden when I was fumbling in my hand bag for my keys when something awful happened…… it has to have been karma……. No, not me…..MY KEYS ARE STILL AT WORK! I felt sick. I didn’t eat enough at lunch time to deal with this. So close but so far. There are cheese slices in the fridge and I can’t get to them! Is this a sign? Should I be ride my motorbike to work? Is that what mother nature is trying to tell me? Just give me my keys and I’ll agree to anything. Ok, after dinner I’ll agree to anything!

As it happens, one of my buddies was still at work and said he would drop the keys off on his way home. So, here is my new dilemma. Was the key thing a sign to ride my motorbike to work and prevent any further pain in every area of my body from strenuous exersize OR did mother nature happen to see me from a different angle and saw how much weight I had put on and said ‘lets get that fatty moving and get her to walk back to work and get her keys and make her walk home’? this is my dilemma. I’ll just finish this glass of wine, have a nice big sleep and think about it tomorrow ok?

That is all 

1 comment: