Thursday 28 July 2011

Silly Skinnies

Today I went to a Mall a long way from home and ran in to an old friend who had recently had a baby. The baby of course was gorgeous and what not but my friend looked like she hadn't ever been pregnant. now, i know she didn't buy the baby because i had seen her pregnant so it is obvious what has happened here. She lost her baby weight way too fast. Every one knows you must do this slowly to ensure it stays off and you are healthy.

So, I realised I had put on a few kilos since I last saw her but this is only natural as any mother will tell you. It is difficult juggling kids, work, family, friends and weight loss. It is very obvious I am one of these mothers who are very busy and doesn't have a lot of time for the gym and cooking nutritious food. There is so much to do all of the time.

Now, I am not one for trying to help the skinnies because they clearly dont need help but this was a special case with my friend being a new mum and all. I advised her it is best to lose weight very slowly and correctly after having had a baby. She nodded (she knows I am right) and then asked how old my baby was now. I advised her that my daughter had recently turned 18. Not 18 months but 18 years and yes, I am taking my advice very very seriously. Slow and Steady!

Having said all of that, I must confess to my fatty friends, something very unusual happened recently. I lost two kilos! Now now, I didn't try to lose these two kilos, they just went somewhere. I did ensure my stomach wasn't sitting on the towel rail while I was weighing myself because I couldn't quite believe it either but sure enough, two kilos are gone. Dont forget, they are out there somewhere so take care not to catch them ok? Unless you are a skinny, then go for it, they're all yours.

So what did I do I hear you asking. Well, I stopped drinking beer for Dry July. Not only did I lose those two kilos but geez do I have a lot more money than before. Yes, I did enjoy a few beers each night and it adds up to a lot of money.

Next week, I might even pull the cross trainer out from under the stairs. It will be a big job though because the dog bowl is in front of it as well as a lovely plant on top of the dog food bin. It will take a lot of organisation so if it doesn't get done next week you know why.

1 comment:

  1. Annette Ritchie28 July 2011 at 18:45

    You are so funny. Love ya Sis!

    ReplyDelete