Sunday 26 August 2012

My Love of Food


Has this ever happened to you?

I was at the computer this morning, about 11:45 to be precise and was playing a lame game I play when I smelt a mix of foreign spices and meat. It really got my taste buds going because, the night before, we had had a gorgeous beef korma that I had cooked in the slow cooker. This smell was the exact same as last nights dinner.

I figured boyfriend must have heated up some leftovers and I was salivating by now because the smell had well and truly imbedded itself into my nostrils. It was now time to enjoy some lovely left over beef korma myself.

Getting up from my computer chair, I noticed dog sitting next to me, almost smiling. How could dog read my mind? How did they know I was going to get some lovely curry for lunch and possibly accidently slip dog some?

Well, let me tell you what dog was smiling at! Dog was smiling at the big, silent fart they let off letting me think it was a beef korma. It wasn’t a beef korma, it was a dog fart! OMG how disgusting!  A dog fart made me hungry. Oh how embarrassing and humiliating. I realised too that boyfriend wasn’t even in the house at the time of foreign spice waft. If he had been, I would have heard the fridge opening and the microwave beeping. I have very good hearing when it comes to these things you see.

Now, I was in a dilemma. My stomach was begging for beef korma that brain had been discussing with it only moments ago but Brain was revolted by the thought of having been salivating over a dog fart.

What does one do now? What would you do? Yeah, right, me either……… as if I would have korma after this….. yeeeeeah….

Ok, so I had the korma but I put the dog outside so I could really enjoy the flavours AND smells……

No comments:

Post a Comment